Our PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center
Healing with Horses Ranch was founded in 2011 as a Professional Association for Therapeutic Horsemanship, International (PATH, Intl.) member center by Patty D’Andrea, a PATH Intl. Advanced Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor and Certified Equine Specialist. In 2018, our program and facility was voluntarily peer reviewed by a PATH Intl. site reviewer and met the accreditation requirements became a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center.
Nestled between Toll Road 130 and FM 973, our Ranch spans 43 arcs and includes:
- A Barn hosting our restroom, office/office space, tack room, and feed room.
- 4 dedicated turnout paddocks for equines.
- Lighted covered arena with mulch footing.
- All abilities mounting ramp.
- 12 custom wooden stalls (6 with runs).
- 40 meter round pen.
- 60 meter round pen.
- 3+ miles of manicured riding trails.
- Access to Gilleland Creek.
The equine is at the center of everything we do. They are the true teachers for each of our services and are consider staff at Healing with Horses Ranch. We strive to provide highest quality of care for our herd including:
- Free choice hay (costal round bale).
- 24/7 turnout (stalled only for lessons, when medically needed, or extreme weather).
- Individual medications and supplements when needed to ensure pain-free and comfortable work.
- Saddle fittings every 6 months to ensure pain-free and comfortable mounted work.
- Hoof trims and shoeing provide by a farrier every 6 to 8 weeks depending on individual equine needs.
- Dewormed every 3 months or as recommended by our veterinarian.
- Annual vaccination as recommended by our veterinarian.
- No equine can work more than 3 hours with out a 45 minute break and no more than 5 hours in a day.
We are proud to be an EQUUS Foundation Guardian and share our equine care & use practices with the public. As a Guardian, Healing with Horses Ranch has demonstrated a commitment to public transparency and accountability by their willingness to publish and share extensive data about us operations. Learn more about our horse care & use practices.