Healing with Horses Ranch is hosting a three-day Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning workshop with an optional fourth day providing the Horsemanship Skills Test. The three-day Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning workshop provides specialized training for equestrians who are interested in equine-facilitated mental health and/or equine-assisted learning programs.
This workshop will be taught by some of the most experienced people in the field of equine-facilitated mental health and learning and will give the participants a chance to see what is current in the field. Each course will be team taught by equine professional, Nancy Van Wyk, in collaboration with Mental Health Professional, Leslie McCullough, PhD, LCSW
Meet the Faculty.
Leslie McCullough, PhD, LCSW
For over 35 years Leslie has conducted Psychotherapy with youth, including 24 years as one of the first full-time EFP programs in the US. Serving on the EFMHA board, Leslie was one of the co-creators of the ESMHL workshop, which she currently teaches throughout the US.
Nancy Van Wyk
Nancy holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology Summa Cum Laude with a minor in Mental Health Counseling from Marywood University. Nancy works at GAIT Therapeutic Riding Center in Pennsylvania and has a background in Law Enforcement. She is also educated in Equine Behavior and Sciences.
Focus of Training
- The specific role of the equine specialist when assisting or collaborating with human service providers.
- Designing safe, mutually beneficial and effective activities to enhance participant outcomes.
- Determining specific equine handling methods.
- Understanding students with mental health and/or learning issues.
- Assessing the equine’s response to student behaviors and needs.
- To help prepare qualified participants to complete the PATH Intl. Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning Certification.
Training is designed for:
- Individuals 21 years of age and older with a high school diploma or GED.
- Equine professionals.
- Therapeutic riding instructors looking to collaborate with mental health and education professionals to incorporate equine-facilitated mental health and/or equine-assisted learning sessions into center programing.
- Those who wish to enhance their ability to work with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
This workshop is not designed to train educators or mental health professionals how to perform their role in equine-facilitated psychotherapy or equine-assisted learning sessions.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Healing with Horses Ranch reserves the right to cancel the workshop by February 5th, 2021, if we do not have 12 paid attendees and/or because of COVID19 state restrictions. Anyone signed up prior to the cancellation date will receive a full refund.
Refund Policy: Healing with Horses Ranch will provide a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee if the participant cancels before February 2, 2021. No refunds will be given for cancelations after February 2, 2021.
COVID19 Protocol: Healing with Horses Ranch Therapeutic Riding Center has taken safety steps to ensure participants, staff and visitors are safe. To view our safe operations protocol please visit https://www.healingwithhorsesranch.org/covid-19-update.
To avoid processing fees you may register by emailing email@example.com and pay by check, PayPal, or Venmo. If you choose to register and pay via email/check your registration will not be valid until Healing with Horses Ranch confirms receipt of payment.
Send check to: Healing with Horses Ranch Healing with Horses Ranch ,10014 FM 973 Manor, TX 78653